It has been exactly 2 years since I created the “Jesse Revell Reviews” page on Facebook and posted my first ever review (for the video game ‘Donut County’). Since then, I have written 1043 scored reviews that have covered movies, music, video games, books, TV shows, trailers, posters, YouTube videos and much more.
I created the graph above as a visual representation of the scores I have given to the 1043 scored reviews. The score (on a scale from 0/10 to 10/10) is shown on the X-axis while the number of reviews written for each respective score is tracked on the Y-axis.
(This is the site I used to make my graph: https://www.chartgo.com/en/chartbar.jsp )
Some interesting things:
- Comparing the graph to the one I made last year, not much has changed in terms of distribution (you can look at last year’s graph in the post here: https://wp.me/paxXXH-PZ ).
- The # of reviews for the 0/10 and 10/10 scores has not changed. ‘Days Gone’ is still my only 0/10 and nothing has received a 10/10. That means the bookend scores constitute less than 0.1% of my reviews.
- But it’s not just the bookend scores that are given out lightly. The number of 1/10 and 9/10 scores combined constitutes around 3.3% of my reviews.
- Like last year, there is a pretty big spike around the 6/10, 7/10, 8/10 scores. This can likely be attributed to the fact that I typically try to spend time on things that I think I will enjoy.
- By the end of the first year, I had written 713 reviews which means I have only written 330 reviews this past year in comparison. This is likely due to many factors but the biggest ones are 1) I covered E3 last year by writing a review for every trailer shown – this was an experiment and I will likely never do this again as I wrote 100+ reviews in a few days and most of them were not good; 2) COVID-19 has had a severe impact on my music listening and movie watching… I don’t have 2 hours of commuting a day like I had while going to school which has resulted in way less music listening, and I have only been to the cinemas twice since this all started (1 visit was for E.T. while the other was for Tenet).
- In the past 1 year, I have gotten 3,890 views which brings the total to 7,461 views (the home page makes up 2,770 of these views). Maybe by the time I post “3 Years In Review”, my total page views will have exceeded 10,000.
Well, that’s it for this year’s “Years In Review”. Thank you to everyone who has read my content or supported me in some way, I hope that I have entertained you.